I just got scammed

I posted an issue about metamask and got contacted by support. I know now that metamask actually doesn't do this so these are likely all scammers. They were all saying the same thing about validating my wallet which made me think that was a real thing. I chose one of them and followed through. His name is /u/teamhelpline23 which, looking back, is a really obviously fake name and I feel foolish for thinking otherwise. Had I checked his profile I would've noticed that this is a brand new account with no upvotes and no posts. He then sent me to a website for wallet-connect or whatever, basically it looked like the real website. I smelt something was fishy so I checked to see if wallet connect was safe and it was, but what I didn't check was that this was the real website. It wasn't. His instructions weren't even making sense and I was trying to clearify them and he was basically telling me to not worry and just follow through, it didn't matter. That was a red flag. I watch scambaiters on youtube often and that's how they act quite often, yet it didn't click cause I was so desperate to fix this other issue. According to him, I was gonna have to connect my metamask to my trust wallet to transfer my bnb, which somehow will transfer my trust wallet token to my metamask. It doesn't make sense because he was hardly paying attention. Eventually, I had to enter my 12 words, which should've made me quadruple-check everything, but I didn't. While loosing $125 is a gutpunch especailly because I was playing to mint another nft with that money, I'm very fortunate that it's only that little money, I know people have lost thousands. submitted by /u/willard720 [link] [comments]
http://dlvr.it/RxlkMz

Post a Comment

0 Comments